The success of the cohort who went to university in September 2015 is unprecedented at the school and I think that the sixth form team would want to acknowledge the role that Linacre played in this.
We aim to develop partnerships with schools in the north of England. Our programme with schools has two aspects: Linacre – Reach Higher and Linacre – Partnerships
Linacre – Reach Higher
Reach Higher gives your most able students access to a uniquely successful intensive programme helping them reach world-leading universities. For more details, click here. For details of our impact, click here. Every Reach Higher student receives £2,500-worth of support.
The Linacre Institute has changed the lives of our students. I witnessed first hand the inspirational academic experience, and it was beyond outstanding.
Linacre – Partnerships
Partnerships helps build expertise throughout your school or college in the fields of stretch and challenge and applying to highly selective universities.
- Free annual training in how to reach highly selective universities for four members of staff
- Inspirational presentation to all Year 12s in your school about applying to highly selective universities. In 2016, 86% of students said afterwards they were more likely or very much more likely to apply to a leading university
- Expert, fast advice on individual cases and applications queries
- Access for all sixth formers and staff to an online library of outstanding materials on all aspects of university applications, including advice on references, personal statements and university choices
This amounts to £3,000-worth of support for just £500 a year. Reach Higher places cost £300 each – 12% of the cost price.
Benefits for schools – why partner with us?
- Excellent success in accessing to leading universities – matching any school in the UK
- Outstanding stretch and challenge for able students
- An unrivalled record in helping students reach world-class universities
- Inspirational people and places to broaden students’ horizons
- Developing the capacity of staff
- Help with attracting able sixth formers to your school
Who is eligible?
Comprehensive schools in northern England are eligible if they are in an area where fewer than 15% of university-goers reach leading institutions. Many parts of northern England qualify. To find out if your school is eligible, apply here.