The progression of students [to the next stage of education] will be the focus of the future accountability system
The success of the cohort who went to university in September 2015 is unprecedented... the sixth form team would want to acknowledge the role that Linacre played in this.
We partner with schools in northern England to help students reach world-class universities. They are seven times more likely to make that leap successfully than a comparable cohort according to Ucas. In a ‘destinations focussed’ Ofsted inspection regime, Hall Cross Academy in Doncaster and others have said we make a “transformative” difference. Several partner schools posted record A Level results after beginning work with us.
We currently have a very limited number of places for new partner schools. To enquire further click here.
What we provide
Partner schools have access to places on a student programme our partner schools have called “beyond outstanding”.
- Unique success in reaching leading universities – matching any school in the UK
- Outstanding stretch and challenge
- Inspirational people and places to broaden students’ horizons
Linacre - Partnerships
Partnerships builds expertise throughout your school or college through:
- Free annual training in how to reach highly selective universities for four members of staff
- An inspirational presentation to all Year 12s in your school about applying to highly selective universities. In 2016, 86% of students said afterwards they were more likely or very much more likely to apply to a leading university
- Expert, speedy advice on individual cases and applications queries
- Access for all sixth formers and staff to an online library of outstanding materials on all aspects of university applications, including advice on references, personal statements and university choices
- Help developing the capacity of staff
- Help attracting able sixth formers to your school
Comprehensive schools in northern England are eligible if they are in an area where fewer than 15% of university-goers reach leading institutions. Many parts of northern England qualify. To find out if your school is eligible, apply here.