Early success for Linacre 2016 students
Less than eight weeks after sending off their applications, almost all of Linacre’s 2016 students have already won offers from the UK’s dozen most academically demanding universities.
The 24 students have already won many offers from Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol and others.
All at Linacre would like to take the chance to say a huge well done!
Twenty-two students are also now awaiting the outcome of applications to Oxford and Cambridge. In the past, half of the charity’s applicants have been offered places - a success rate matching any school in the country.
Our fingers are very much crossed for you all!
The UK’s 12 leading universities, ranked by average entrance standards
We are a small charity. We only want to grow at a pace that maintains the quality of our what we do. So we rely on small grants and donations. If you could forward this newsletter to anyone who might support us it will help us achieve steady growth and help another group of talented pupils.
£25 gets a Linacre student
- a day’s accommodation and food at Westminster School
- two days’ small-group subject tuition from a subject expert
- detailed feedback from an expert on their personal statement
- travel from the North East to London, often for the first time in a student’s life
Support from three Champions is enough to fund a student in full and change his or her life.
What our students said...
- “I cannot express in so few words the immense gratitude and respect I have for the Institute for giving me the opportunity, the encouragement and the self-belief I needed”
- “I now feel much more capable of applying to higher universities. I never would have considered it before”
- “Certainly fulfilled the mission set out in its name. Diverse in-depth teaching delivered by impassioned tutors”
- “The experiences that I had, such as the House of Lords trip, I will never forget"
- “It has been humbling to be learning from experts and successful ex-Linacre participants”
- “Since ‘Big Ideas’ ended, I’ve been truly motivated to pursuing competitive universities”
- “The teaching was brilliant … The location, content, and staff made this a fantastic trip”
- “It was both enlightening and heartwarming to be surrounded by incredibly academic people who were humble, kindhearted and who I shared many interests with”
- “I have now begun to consider new career prospects, from journalism to the civil service.”
- “No matter who the person we met and no matter their background, we were always encouraged by them to be the best we can be and to never stop thinking”
- “I think I am running out of things to say … I shall never forget this fantastic experience”